Swann Galleries, Sale 2322 Lot 157, September 12th
La Chimère regarda avec effroi toutes choses.
Lithograph printed in black on Chine appliqué, 1886. 250x186 mm; 9 7/8x7 1/4 inches, full margins. Edition of 50. Signed in pencil, upper left. From La Nuit. A superb impression of this very scarce lithograph. Mellerio 65.
Estimate $6,000 - 9,000
J’ai quelquefois aperçu dans le ciel comme des formes d’esprits.
Lithograph on Chine appliqué, 1888-96. 260x180 mm; 10 1/4x7 inches, full margins. Edition of 50. Printed by Clot and Blanchard, Paris. Published by Vollard, Paris. From La Tentation de Saint-Antoine. A very good impression. Mellerio 154.
Une Masque sonne le Glas Funèbre.
Lithograph on Chine appliqué, 1882. 260x192 mm; 10 1/4x7 1/2 inches, full margins. Edition of 50. Printed by Lemercier, Paris. Published by Fischbacher, Paris. From A Edgar Poe. A very good impression of this extremely scarce lithograph.
We have found only one other impression at auction in the past 25 years. Mellerio 40.
13 Notes/ Hide
- sadikari likes this
- cazimirjoy reblogged this from laurgold
- eviscerateyoungcaptain likes this
- sembrachiara likes this
- underwaterness reblogged this from swanngalleries
- underwaterness likes this
- gouldbookbinder likes this
- hideback likes this
- swanngalleries reblogged this from laurgold and added:
- lammicken likes this
- slice-of-being likes this
- amidah reblogged this from laurgold and added:
- pax-in-vacuo likes this
- laurgold posted this